The Technician is responsible for diagnosing and performing inspections, repairs, maintenance, and installations efficiently and according to Honda’s quality, safety, and time standards. Primary objectives include (but are not limited to) ensuring customer satisfaction, and retention, and assuring all repairs are “fixed right first visit”.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technician is accountable for performing the duties and responsibilities described below. The list, however, is not necessarily an exhaustive description of the duties and responsibilities associated with the job. The Technician also performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Makes and implements decisions regarding repair options.
- Utilizes all available information to ensure proper resolution of problems.
- Determines the appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures on each vehicle to accurately identify and address each individual customer complaint.
- Completes repair orders within specified time frame and notifies appropriate personnel if time lines will not be met.
- Coordinates with the parts department to ensure availability of parts for repairs.
Utilizing Fundamental Skills
- Uses manuals including diagrams as necessary to complete repairs.
- Completes all repair orders according to company policy.
- Ensures all information on repair order is correct, accurate and descriptive: Complaint, Cause, and Correction, Punch times and the like…
- Applies information found in technical publications, periodicals, bulletins, etc. And keeps abreast of such information.
- Uses computer system to look up part availability and repair orders.
- Understands and utilizes new systems or processes implemented by Honda and or Management.
- Understands and complies with Federal, State, and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, Right-to-Know, etc.
Producing Quality Results
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to ensure repeat and referral business.
- Ensures that customer complaints are handled tactfully, promptly, with genuine concern, and according to dealership guide lines.
- Takes every initiative to exceed customer satisfaction, even if it requires overcoming obstacles.
- Suggests additional work that is needed to the Service Advisor or Team Leader so the Customer may be notified via inspection report.*
- Takes the necessary steps needed to reduce the amount of time it takes to receive a part.
- Collects all necessary information needed (e.g., year, make, model, vin) before requesting parts.
- Performs road test to ensure repairs are completed properly. QC*
- Ensures vehicle is clean and free of debris when repair is completed.*
- Vehicle has no grease, finger prints, etc etc*
Communicating and Valuing Others
- Provide assistance when needed in regards to diagnostics, procedures, and company policy.*
- Assist Advisors in explaining repairs to customers when needed.
- Presents self as a positive role model by demonstrating commitment to other employees, customers, dealership and company.*
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the service department as well as other departments.*
- Communicates verbal and non-verbally, concisely and with enthusiasm in one-on-one and group interactions.
- Maintains a positive attitude.*
- Listens attentively to understand others completely.
Managing Demanding Situations
- Resolves all disputes and difficulties with professionalism and composure.*
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously in order to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations.*
- Prioritizes work to ensure deadlines are met.*
- Seeks new and challenging responsibilities.
- Keeps abreast of any and all training needs and completes training in timely fashion.*
Applying Business and Technical Knowledge
- Performs preventative maintenance, cleaning and repairs of dealership tools and equipment.
- Diagnosis vehicles using appropriate tools, equipment and resources.
- Provides Technical advice and information to others when called upon.
- Keeps up-to-date on all industry information.
- Strives to increase technical knowledge (e.g., obtaining additional training and certifications.
Physical and Work Demands
The Physical and work demands below are representative of the demands on the job required to perform the primary duties and responsibilities successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable the technician to perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Walking about the dealership.
- Using hand and/or power tools and equipment consistent with industry standards.
- Bending, Stretching, crawling, reaching and climbing.
- Lifting in excess of 70 lbs.
- Using physical and manual dexterity.
- Driving a vehicle (with valid Driver)
- Using computers to retrieve and/or enter data.
- Fumes (e.g., exhaust fumes, paint fumes)
- Extreme heat, extreme cold.
- Other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.